If you are studying engineering or a related area and are looking to get some funding for college, the Alpha Omega Epsilon National Foundation Scholarship is for you. This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate female engineering students each year. The scholarship amount varies depending on which type you are applying for.
To apply for this scholarship, you must meet the eligibility requirements and submit an application form with your resume and transcripts. The deadline for this scholarship is often on April 1st of every year.
All You Need To Know About the Alpha Omega Epsilon National Foundation
In December 1996, the Alpha Omega Epsilon National Foundation was created by five Alpha Omega Epsilon International Sorority members. Their goal was to encourage and support other women in engineering and technical sciences. Over time, the organization has increased its aims to help develop future leaders by recognizing young women with leadership potential through its annual scholarship awards program.
The A.O.E. National Foundation promotes academic excellence by awarding various scholarships to women who promote engineering and technical science by exemplifying high standards in character, conduct, integrity, academic achievement, and scholastic aptitude.
The Fund’s mission is to provide scholarship assistance for educational expenses and to foster a sense of citizenship among its members by encouraging them to participate in community service activities that will benefit their classmates, school, and local communities.
TRENDING: CNA Scholarship For Women – Apply Now
Types of Alpha Omega Epsilon National Foundation Scholarship
Alpha Omega Epsilon National Foundation offers two types of scholarships: the Rings of Excellence Scholarship and the Engineering and Technical Science Achievement Scholarship.
1. The rings of excellence scholarship
This is for students interested in pursuing a career in engineering or technical science. Applicants can be the sons or daughters of an active or deceased Alpha Omega Epsilon Sorority member. This scholarship can be used for undergraduate education at any accredited university in the United States.
Also, active members (active or alumnae) who wish to further their education can apply. Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 2.0/4.0 or equivalent. The current Rings of Excellence scholarship available include:
- Founders’ scholarship with an award sum of up to $2500.
- Rings of Excellence Scholarship with an award sum of up to $1000.
2. The engineering and technical science achievement scholarship
This is for students who want to pursue a career in engineering or sciences. The applicant, being a woman, must maintain an overall grade point average of 3.o/4.0 or its equivalent. This scholarship can be used for undergraduate education at any accredited university in the United States.
Under the Engineering and Technical Science Achievement scholarships, here are some of the scholarships that are being offered:
- Maxine Shelly Turner Memorial Scholarship with an award sum of up to $2000.
- Lindsay M del Campo Scholarship with an award of up to $500.
- Freedom Scholarship with an award sum of up to $1000.
- Engineering and Technical Science Achievement Scholarships cost up to $1000.
- Herbert John Lathrop Engineering Scholarship with an award of up to $500.
- Walters Family Honorary Scholarship with an award sum of up to $500.
- Kasem Pimanmas Scholarship with an award sum of up to $500.
- Make a Difference/Impact Scholarship with an award of up to $500.
To apply for this scholarship, you will need to meet the eligibility requirements and submit an application form with your resume and transcripts:
- The applicant must not have been a previous recipient of an Alpha Omega Epsilon National Foundation scholarship.
- The applicant must not be receiving full funding for education from another organization, such as a university or company grant program.
- The applicant must be able to accept the scholarship in the school year for which it is being awarded.
- The applicant must enter their sophomore through senior year of undergraduate college when applying.
- The applicant must be able to provide proof of financial need. The applicant must submit an essay to the prompt provided.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time students in good standing at an accredited four-year or community college institution.
- Accepted into an engineering or science program, demonstrate academic ability, and must meet the minimum cumulative GPA of the scholarship.
The deadline for this scholarship is April 30th. If you’re interested in applying to any of the above-mentioned scholarships, check out its application deadlines.
Is There a Nationality Restriction for Applicants?
No, there’s no nationality restriction for applicants. This scholarship is open to all students. It’s also available to all applicants who have received an admission or are currently enrolled at an accredited two or four-year college. Students must be enrolled full-time in college during the academic year.
Other Science and Engineering Scholarships
There are many other scholarships for women in the science and engineering field. For example, the American Society of Civil Engineers offers a $500 scholarship to students who excel in civil engineering.
And suppose you’re interested in engineering-related fields like robotics or computer science. In that case, you can consider applying for scholarships from organizations such as the IEEE Computer Society or Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). Here are some more popular options to consider:
ALSO READ: What is Anita Borg scholarship?
1. Google Anita Borg memorial scholarship
The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship is a $10,000 scholarship for women pursuing computer science degrees. The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship is open to female undergraduate and graduate students in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields. It provides financial aid to women pursuing a career in these fields.
If you don’t make it to become a recipient but get to the finalist stage, you will receive $1,000 to be put toward your education. In addition to the scholarship, each winner will be invited to attend a three-day retreat at Google which will feature social events, workshops, networking opportunities, and breakout sessions.
Winners are selected based on academic performance and the student’s leadership abilities. They also have an essay component that requires you to describe your goals for the future and how you hope this award will help you achieve those goals.
2. American Association of University Women (AAUW)
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) was founded to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. The AAUW mission, according to its official website, “is to improve access to education for all women and girls through advocacy informed by research; individual engagement that empowers girls and women; institutional transformation; and collaboration with partners.”
The amount of funding provided varies for each scholarship award recipient. However, to be eligible, you must meet these requirements:
- Applicant must be a woman who is at least 18 years of age and has been accepted into an accredited college or technical program.
- Applicants must be able to show proof of above-average previous academic standing.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three letters of recommendation.
3. American nuclear society (ANS) scholarship program
The ANS Scholarship Program is open to all college-level students studying nuclear science, nuclear engineering, or a related field. The application process is comprehensive and includes a personal statement based on a prompt that varies yearly.
The amount awarded will vary depending on your status (freshman or upperclassman/graduate student) and whether you are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in nuclear engineering or related fields. Specifically, first-year students in any accepted area can apply for $1,000 awards. This amount can go as high as $5,000 for upper-level and graduate students.
However, keep in mind that the application process is rigorous and comprehensive. It requires proper documentation and a personal statement based on a prompt that varies yearly. Don’t also forget that this scholarship is only usable in an accredited university in the United States.
4. Brown and Caldwell women in leadership scholarship
Brown and Caldwell offer several scholarships to female students majoring in engineering or science. The Brown and Caldwell Women in Leadership Scholarship is offered to women pursuing engineering or science degrees. Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA, letters of recommendation, a resume, and an essay of at least 250 words regarding their career goals.
The amount of funding available with this scholarship is $5000, which can help offset your tuition and other educational bills. Visit the official platform for more information on how to apply for this scholarship.
5. Julie A. Keil women in hydro scholarship fund
The Julie A Keil Women in Hydro Scholarship Fund provides $2,500 scholarships to women pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees at accredited four-year colleges or universities. Applicants must major in a discipline relevant to the hydropower industry. Scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need.
The application includes several written responses discussing extracurricular activities, why the scholarship is important to you, any unusual circumstances, and a reply to a series of prompts.
6. National society of black engineers
The National Society of Black Engineers is an organization focused on promoting academic, professional, and personal excellence among black females interested in pursuing a career in engineering and science.
The association provides numerous scholarships provided each year to qualified applicants. For a complete list of the available scholarships, click here.
As a woman looking for an engineer and needing financial assistance, you can turn to the Alpha Omega Epsilon National Foundation Scholarship to help you achieve your goal. It will help fund your education and provide financial aid when needed. The application process is easy and takes only a few minutes to complete.
All required is a resume, transcripts, and letters of recommendation. Alternatively, you can consider applying to any of the options mentioned. These scholarships are incredible and if you match any from the list above, feel free to try your luck.