You might have come across some people who are the life of the party and wilding. And that amazes you because then there is you. You are the sort of person who would rather lock themselves in their room and spend the entire Friday night alone.
Maybe your sibling is the shy awkward kid ad you are the complete opposite; the outspoken and energetic. If this is the case, then you might have heard others describe you as an extrovert and label your sibling as an introvert.
It is true, majority of the people are familiar with just the two personality descriptive words: an introvert or an extrovert.
However, there are two more descriptive words that most are unaware of: an Omnivert and an ambivert. Surprised? Well, do not be.
Although Omnivert and ambivert are not very well heard of, numerous people fall under these categories as well.
Ever thought to yourself that you are related to both; an extrovert and an introvert? or maybe you act like an introvert at times or an extrovert other times? Well, if this is the case then, I am here to inform you that you do not solely belong to an extrovert or introvert category. You might be an Omnivert or an ambivert.
Confused? Well, allow me to make things simpler for you so you may identify yourself accurately.
Introverts Identification Keypoints:
Introverts are individuals whose energy comes from within. Introverts are described as shy and socially awkward individuals. They dislike going to large social gatherings and parties. These individuals recharge their energy by being alone and lowkey. People who are introverts are often lost in their thoughts. They do not stand up for themselves and are usually overlooked by others.
Identification for introverts:
- Introverts are introspective, self-aware, and observant
- They prefer spending time alone or with a friend or two and family they are familiar with
- They are great listeners and think twice before making any decision
Extroverts Identification Keypoints:
Extroverts are the complete opposite of introverts. They are wild, the life of the party, and the center of attention. They draw their energy from their surroundings and recharge through active and social gatherings. Individuals who identify as extroverts are team leaders and are excellent orators. They have no issue standing up for themselves and are great at making new friends.
In short, what recharges an extrovert, drains an introvert.
Identification for extroverts
- Extroverts enjoy spending time with a huge crowd and recharge by socializing at parties or gatherings
- They are impulsive, expressive, and easily distracted
- They are excellent with small talk and in-depth communication
Omniverts Identification Keypoints:
Omniverts are individuals who are at the extremes ends of introverts and extroverts. They act like introverts one day and the very next day they may be acting like an extrovert. There is no middle ground, they work in extremes. They exhibit the qualities of introverts or extroverts depending on the situation they are in.
Identification of Omniverts:
- Omniverts are not so good at adapting to social demands as they focus on their internal circumstances. Hence, their approaches are more reactive.
- If an Omnivert is in their extrovert mode, then they are an extreme extrovert. And if they are acting like an introvert, then they are at the extreme of an introvert. There is no in-between.
- After they have recharged, they will be filled with energy and ready to part to let all their energy out.
Ambiverts Identification Keypoints:
Ambiverts are people who exhibit the qualities of both; extroverts and introverts. However, they are neither true extroverts nor true introverts. Think of them as the middle mark on the scale of extroverts and introverts. Their overall behavioral traits are a combination of extroverts and introverts, so they are called ambiverts.
Identification of ambiverts:
- Ambiverts are excellent in engaging in a conversation, talking, and listening.
- They are great at adapting to the social demands in their situations. Their approaches are more adaptable.
- They do not dive right into a situation; they make calculated risks and weigh the pros and cons. They usually think through the entire situation and then give their final word.
It is hard to come in peace with you who are and define yourself. Discovering your personality traits and category will help you determine your strengths and weaknesses. If you are excellent at debates, then you might want to pursue careers or just try out for national debate teams. If you have good artistic skills or a creative mind like most introverts, then you might want to opt for hobbies that enhance your creativity. You may even start writing a book with the help of that creative mind of yours!
Though, it is okay if you are still confused and have not figured out under which personality category you fall. Read my guide on the detailed differences between omniverts and ambiverts or introverts vs extroverts to dig in detail. You may take your time and explore. But do try to discover what kind of a person you are, this will help you get ahead in your life and open more opportunities for you!
Disclaimer: Content Research, Product Opinion & Publication Process
The articles, cosmetic tutorials, and beauty tips on SheBegan magazine are contributed by experienced fashion professionals, beauty & cosmetics experts. The team of our beauty and cosmetics professionals tests the products and then share the outcomes with proper citations and then after passing all the research & editorial checks; the content is sent live making sure there exists No Conflict of Interest. You can read about our authors, volunteers, team members and editorial board with our content review, product testing, tutorial guidance process here.