The complete list of Keto meal prep ideas with proper keto diet planning and low carb diet schedule is available in this article for the information seekers. The ketogenic diet, is mainly low in carbs diet, with a moderate amount of protein, and a high amount of fat. Carbohydrates are commonly diminished to 50 grams a day or lower. Most of the carbs that are eliminated from the daily intake are replaced by fats, that will constitute near to 75% of the calorie input. 20% of the energy supply will be obtained from proteins, and just 5% will come from carbs.
By reducing the ingest of carbs, our body confides on fats to be the primary source of energy rather than glucose. This mechanism is called ketosis. In this one, we use ketones (molecules composed by the liver from fats when glucose is scarce) as a backup energy source.
In spite of the fact that fat ingest is often evaded for being high in calorie supply, research proves that keto diets are more successful at achieving weight loss in comparison to fat-reduced diets (Source). Moreover, ketogenic diets limit hunger and offer a higher feeling of satiety, which is significantly advantageous for those intending to lose weight.
All in all, the keto diet is based on a highly reduced carb intake, which is replaced with the ingest of fat and protein.
Keto Diet Meal Plan
Starting on a keto diet can make you feel overpowered, but it doesn’t have to be arduous work. The main objective is to limit the intake of low-carbs while boosting the quantity of fat and protein in meals.
During Keto meal prep plan scheduling, Carbs must be restrained so that one may persist in a state of ketosis. Some people are able to remain in this process by taking in lower to 20 grams of carbs a day, while other people are able to do so too, with a considerably higher dose. Usually, the stricter the limit of carb share, the effortless it is to achieve and sustain ketosis. This is the reason why narrowing down to keto-friendly foods and eliminating the foods high in carbs from the diet is an easier and more fruitful way to lose weight while following a keto diet.
- Decide what you want to consume
You should try to diagram the meals you eat throughout the week. Ideally, sit down one day and start planning. There are a number of things to keep in mind:
- You have to calculate all the meals you eat each day. That includes fixed meals and any extra snacks you make.
- You should consider how many people will eat these meals and if you have leftovers, you’ll eat them the next day.
- Ideally, make a recipe in abundance because you can use those leftovers to cover the next day’s meal.
- You should write down the recipes you want to prepare and the necessary ingredients.
- You must decide when you will buy the ingredients and which day of the week you will cook the meals. You can do everything in one day or divide it into several.
Tip: Ideally, choose recipes that are really simple to cook. Also, if recipes share a large part of the ingredients, it will be much easier for you to organize yourself.
- Draw your list and start buying
Knowing the ingredients of each recipe, you’re ready to go shopping. It is preferable that you divide the ingredients by sections, to find them faster and make a faster purchase.
You must remain faithful to the quantities and ingredients that the recipes establish. Always keep in mind that you must consume meats, eggs, and vegetables. They are the best foods in a healthy diet. Don’t let packaged products appeal to you.
- Time to start cooking
At first, kitchen times can be a bit complicated. As you practice and move forward, it becomes easier. Some practical tips can be:
- First, it is advisable to read the recipe in its entirety. That way, you can start with the longest and most tedious part of the recipe. You’ll gain a lot of time doing that.
- Before you start, you should have all the ingredients and food on hand. A lot of time is wasted when we go to the fridge constantly looking for the ingredients.
- Before starting the kitchen, make sure you prepare the meat properly and wash the vegetables you need in the best way.
At the end of the Keto recipes, it is ideal to separate the meals in small containers and keep them for the rest of the week.
If you don’t know what kind of recipes you need to prepare in order to be able to make a correct Keto diet, then you are in the right place. Next, we’ll leave you with a series of recipes for any meal of the day, which is prepared with the best and healthiest foods. This way, you make sure you don’t skip any steps and are always fed in the best possible way.
Keto Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas
If you’re not sure what to eat after eliminating cereal, granola, and oatmeal from your daily routine, here are some simple recipes:
- Chocolate shake with a pinch of salt.
- Low-calorie butter shake.
- Bowl of avocado.
- Turkey sausage frittata.
- Cheesecake pancakes with a portion of blueberries.
- Egg muffins.
Keto Lunch & Dinner Meal Prep Ideas
Here are some simple, low-carb recipes. We recommend you to make them every Sunday and leave them ready for the rest of the week.
- Grilled shrimp.
- Tuna salad with chili.
- Bone broth.
- White turkey.
- Hamburgers with cheese and portobello bread.
- Meat with broccoli and cheese.
- Chicken wrapped in lettuce.
- Chicken stuffed with noodles.
- Newest hamburger and cheese recipes.
Delicious Keto Meal Ideas
If your main goal is to lose weight significantly, then you should have small portions of meals on hand for those stressful times. These portions should be healthy, of course. Here are a few:
- Buttered buffalo bites.
- Brussels sprouts with bacon.
- Garlic dressing in powder.
- Greek yogurt.
Keto Healthy Dessert Ideas
If your biggest weakness is dessert and ice cream, then we’ll leave you some recipes that will surely make you forget about ice cream altogether.
- Chocolate with peanut butter.
- Keto Cream.
- Peaches with cream.
- Low-carb lemon crackers.